Saturday, August 4, 2012

Advocating....

This post is devoted to finding families for some children that are dear to my heart. Please feel free to share this with anyone who may be interested, as the sooner these kids have forever families, the better.

The first child is sweet Isaac. We first met him back in 2010, where I fell in love with his big beautiful eyes. Here he was then (yes, that's HIM in pink!)...
and here he is now, two years later, cute as ever...
He is such a sweet and easy going boy, and would be a wonderful addition to any family. His special need is listed as severe hypospadia.  His file is listed with the Great Wall China Adoption agency if you are interested. They list him as "Toby."

Great Wall also has the files for our Luke, but I am happy to say that his file is  listed as "pending" as a family is currently waiting for approval to proceed with his adoption.

At least two other Chaoyang children are also currently available for adoption. I think they are both on the special focus adoption list, so any agency should have access to them. They are both currently in foster care under the guidance of LIGHT. I am able to inquire of them and get updates, so if anyone is interested, please contact me.

Like Isaac above, we first met QianHong in 2010. She is now four years old, and has been in foster care since shortly after we met her. According to the physical therapist who works with her, QianHong has learned to walk despite the very tight Achilles tendon/heelcords, and has full/normal use of her hands and arms, despite the bowing of the radius in both forearms. She is a fantastic girl, such a friendly personality, and very sensitive, shows emotions readily and is quite resilient.

2010...
2012 and still has her beautiful smile...

Min Bo is now 10 years old, almost 11, and in foster care, but we first met him back in 2007. I posted about him back in July. He has been with the same family for over two years now, but is waiting for his forever family. MinBo has mild cerebral palsy, but is very social and interactive and loves to sing, loves music and loves having the Book read to him.  If you are interested, inquiries can be made through LIGHT, so please let me know if you are interested.
I had another child in foster care that I was going to be advocating for, but I have just learned that a family has just received PA for him, so I will post more about that wonderful news when I can. I had inquired more of him so that I could advocate for him here, so had tears in my eyes when I read he is one step closer to his family!


No comments: