Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Cougar Mom...

I must admit, I am a Cougar Mom. No, not that kind of Cougar Mom, but a mother of a WSU Cougar! This past weekend I made the 6+ hour trek to hang out with Josh for Mom's weekend. We had a great time together hanging out on campus, being silly, and even a few adult talks here and there. Here are some highlights...


"Was" a beautiful sunny day to watch the Cougs scrimmage

Josh's friend Dakota made the team. His mom was my partner for the drive.




Josh and Dakota have been buddies since middle school when they were on the wrestling team together. They have now decided to room together for next school year...

Following the scrimmage, we walked over to the baseball stadium where I cheered my Beavs on to victory over the Cougs!  Butch, WSU's mascot, was at the game too. Josh absolutely loves the antics Butch pulls (I think the students watch him more than the games sometimes), so I had to take a Mom's weekend photo with Butch! He was pretty funny though. Held and kissed my hand, then motioned for me to call him as he walked away.



See the clouds in the sky? Scroll back up and look at the blue sky just a little over an hour before...
Yep, the clouds, wind and rain came out of nowhere, and we weren't prepared. Josh was in shorts and a t-shirt.  We held on until the 7th inning, longer than most of the packed stands, but we made a run for it when it turned to hail!

Had a small world experience while I was there. One of the girls whom has traveled to China with me on multiple mission trips was in Pullman the same weekend. Mind you she is originally from California, and now lives in Chicago! She and her family were in town for a job interview. She saw my post on facebook about me being in Pullman, so got word to me. Was great catching up with her and meeting her beautiful twins, if even for just a bit.




Saturday night Josh and I had a great time at the Jerry Seinfeld performance. We wrapped the weekend up with a morning of worshiping at Josh's church. It was a great way to bring our good time to a close. Only four weeks now until he's home for the summer....

No comments: