Thursday, July 25, 2013

Dragging My Feet...

Why is it that I always have a difficult time blogging when I get back from China? Is it exhaustion? Too busy with the family?  Actually I have neither of those to blame this year, as I found the transition back to the Pacific Time Zone fairly easy, especially since the girls and Josh are away at camp, so I've been able to take things at my own pace.  I think the truth is that I just don't know how to put my feelings into words. While in country, I can stick to the facts and know I don't have much time to do it in, so I am succinct. Once home, I have more time to think, which actually makes it more difficult. I don't feel I can freely post everything I feel.  When I am asked "How was China?," how can I put it into one concise sentence.  It was good?  It was hard?  I lost my heart again?  It's not fair? Actually it was all of the aforementioned and more.  But what I can say is that I am blessed and privileged that He chose me to be his hands and feet once again.  I get as much as I give. This is difficult to make others understand unless they experience it themselves.  So how about you, want to experience it with me next summer???

One of my team members wrote a beautiful post about my special girl, Min Yer that is worth the read.  I first met her back in 2007.  You can see her grow in height over the years, as well as in our relationship...2008, 2010 (we were unable to go to Chaoyang in 2009, so went to a different orphanage), 2011,
2012 and now....


 So this is where I am at a loss for words. I am back in my free country, comfy bed, and with my incredible family. But I do not forget the kids. Not one.single.day.

No comments: