Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Is Today Tuesday???

It's becoming difficult to remember which day it is, as we are up to the sounds of busy streets early and pack our day with many things. Needless to say we are tired at the end, but wouldn't trade this experience for anything!

Today in the morning we got all of the children in one room that are confined to their cribs, out at the same time. I can't imagine how long it has been since some of them have seen outside the four walls of their room. What joy was on their faces (well all but two enjoyed it) as they were propped up against us or able to lay on their bellies. One sweet child managed took about 15 minutes to scoot across the room, and we all cheered when he finally made it! He burst out into the most beautiful smile you have ever seen.

We broke out the bubbles in the afternoon, and the guys were able to purchase some soft padding for under the playground, which is supposed to be done tomorrow. I can't believe we are down to just two days left with the kids. We continue to visit the mother I posted about, and her son has warmed up to us a bit. When I played with him today, he gave me a picture he colored. Guess I need to make room on my already crowded refrigerator:)

Dinner was at a fantastic Korean BBQ. Can't remember the last time I at this much meat. Not so much the squid though! We watched some street dancers in the evening, then headed back to the square where we ate ice cream, watched some amazing jump roping, hackey-sacking, and hip hop dancing. We also chatted with a lot of the locals about a variety of things. They are interested in my Chinese daughters, talked with Mark about loving Steve Nash and the Phoenix Suns, and flirted with Micah!

No comments: