Sunday, July 15, 2007

First Day Orphanage





Hey all, we made it to Chaoyang safely, but tiredly. We are unable to view the blog, but can post, so forgive me if it doesn't look right on your end.

Today was our first visit to the orphanage. In the morning we mainly got a tour of the building and hung out with the kids. I won't go into detail now, but at times it was tough to hold the tears back. We left for a lunch break and rest, then came back for an afternoon visit. This felt better because we were able to have more access to the kids, out of their cribs and rooms. We spent around 3 hours just playing with them. It was such a joy to see them laugh and smile. They especially liked to have pictures taken of them.

I am going to try and post a couple pictures, so hopefully it works. I appreciate all the prayers that have been going out. Please keep it up!
From China with love,
Toni

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Toni! This is Linnea. How fascinating to read even just a little bit about what you are doing over there. I'll check back frequently in the hopes of seeing more. What a mixed bag of emotions you must be experiencing right now!

I have to ask...the picture of the stalls. Is that a restroom? I'm having a hard time envisioning what is going on behind the doors because it would appear you are standing up. Just curious.