Wednesday, December 4, 2013

What's Wrong with this Picture???

Notice anything wrong with this picture? Who knew unloading the dishwasher could be so dangerous? Guess I have a valid excuse not to do it anymore (actually it already is the kids' chore, just not this time). 

So when I took it into the jewelers they disdainfully asked me "You mean you have never had the prongs replaced in 25 years?" Gulp! No one mentioned that to me when I got engaged at 21!  The lady then proceeded to tell me they should be replaced every 10-12 years.  Let's just say between replacing the tips, prongs, and repairing the worn down edge holding in four of the channel set diamonds (that they told me I would lose if I didn't get fixed soon), I will have no wrapped gifts under the tree! In the meantime, I am sporting Grandma's wedding ring on my left hand, as I feel naked without something there! Should be getting it back in a week and a half, then hopefully I get to wear it another 25 years (with a couple check ups in between)!

No comments: