Friday, June 25, 2010

Beijing....



Just wanted to let everyone know that we made it safely to Beijing, and have had a great first day. Unfortunately I am unable to upload pictures right now, so you will just have to listen to my ramblings. It probably doesn't help that I am extremely jet lagged either.

Our day started off with a trip to Morning Star Family Home, a foster home here ran by Bill and Lynsey Lewis of the US. We played with the babies and helped them do some cleaning up of their new facilities. They are doing amazing work with many orphans here, and even as we were there today, they received a call asking them to take in another little one. I will post fun photos as soon as I am able.





We followed this up by a trip to the Great Wall. One group climbed the West section, but a few of us climbed the East. We were thankful for the gentle breeze, as it was hot and humid. Unfortunately the view was blocked by lots of smog, but it was still an amazing experience.




On the downside, my husband of 22 years (today is our anniversary) just called from the states to let me know my grandma passed away just a bit ago. She was a wonderful lady, whom I got to say goodbye to back in May when Josh and I went to visit her when she suddenly got sick. She is celebrating in heaven right now; I'm just a little somber that I am not able to be with my family at this time....

We have a very early flight to Chaoyang, so hopefully I am able to post pictures from there, as I have in the past. Sunday will be our first day with the kids:)

2 comments:

Journey To Luke said...

Yay for you! Hanging on every word and anxious for you to get to Chaoyang. Love and prayers to all of you!
Liz

Julie R. said...

My heart goes out to you with all the travel, jet lag, and hearing about your Grandma. I'm so sorry and will be praying for your heart in the distance from your family at this tender time. Congratulations on your 22 years with your hubby -- a joyful celebration to consider all God has done in your relationship and journey over those years.

I'm praying for you!! Blessings to you in China!!

Love,
Julie