Sunday, June 8, 2008

Weekend of Tears

I can't remember the last time I have cried so much as I have this weekend. And not just me; Mike too! After church today he told someone he thought he was PMSing:)

These cries weren't all bad though, just a lot to handle in a row. Friday night we sat down and watched Bella, a movie highly recommended to us. Well I recommend it too, just have a kleenex box nearby.

Saturday afternoon we spent at a Memorial for a friend, Laura, who passed away following a year-long battle with brain cancer. She was a strong advocate for the autistic children in our area, having two autistic kids of her own. To the end, she lived her life to glorify the Lord, something I hope I can emulate.

Lastly, in church today, pastor showed a video featuring a cross country runner named Ben Comen. The young man exemplifies perseverance, as he endures running despite having cerebral palsy and always finishing last. The video takes awhile to download, and is around seven minutes long, but when you find the time, it is worth it. He was featured on ESPN, and it is truly inspiring.

1 comment:

Cherise said...

I am sorry to hear about you friend. Heaven Gained another angel.

The movie Bella--a friend told me I need to see it...I will rent it this weekend.