Monday, June 16, 2008

Ode to Dad....

So yesterday was Father's Day, and I thought I would write an ode to the two special dads in my life, but being I'm no good at poetry, that didn't happen! Instead, I'll say a simple thank-you to my Heavenly Father who has blessed me with a wonderful, caring Dad who has always given his time and love for me, and also for a stupendous husband, heart-of-gold father to our four children. Why in the world did I get so fortunate? I think this is part of the reason I am so passionate about the orphans around the world. I want everyone to experience the love of a father that my children and I have both had. And by the way, when God commands us to "care for the orphans and widows," (James 1:27), He was speaking to the men too!


Here's my dad and mom with some of their grandkids this past Easter.


We took Mike to the zoo yesterday to celebrate, and the day did not disappoint anyone!

No comments: