Thursday, June 12, 2014

Spokane Here We Come...

Remember this post titled To Nationals or Not?  Well the official answer is "YES!"  School ended for me today (which is why you haven't heard from me in awhile; end of the school year is always crazy), so Kaia and I are heading off for Spokane tomorrow. Her event and age group doesn't compete until Sunday, but we're going early to watch some of her older team mates, as well as to participate in the march in and to watch the high level kids that are competing for a postion on the Junior Olympic team.  Looking forward to sharing the experience with Kaia. 

A couple weekends ago Kaia landed her first back flip before an audience, at her recital. It was amazing to watch this little bundle get so much height. Josh's girlfriend videotaped it for me, with intentions of posting it here, but we haven't figured out how to get it off her phone. I haven't given up on it yet though.

The only downside to going is we miss most of Father's Day with Mike on Sunday. The rest of the kids have to play it up, but I am leaving it all for them to figure out. Kids, if you're reading this, don't let your dad down!  I will follow up next week with how things went, both for Kaia and for Father's Day!

No comments: