Saturday, May 17, 2014

This Momma's Day...

What a treat to get Joshua home from college the day before Mother's Day! It was so nice to have all my children together to worship at church, then spend a quality day together.  First came a wonderful lunch at one of my all time favorite bakeries, Calico Cupboard.


Aren't these gifts the girls painted adorable?  I am so impressed my husband organized this gift AND everyone kept it secret!

Lunch was followed by our annual tradition of a Mother's Day hike. Fortunately for us, the weather was in full cooperation. Mike chose a new destination for us, the Anacortes Community Forest Lands.  There seemed to be a maze of endless trails, connecting ponds created by beaver dams.  Most of the hike was shadowed by the forest, so the photos do not do justice to the beautiful backdrop.
Bridge to nowhere...

One of several large ponds full of lily pads.

One highlight was this old copper mine on one of the hillsides. I won't reveal which ones of us braved the pitch dark 50-ft. cave, but three of the six of us ventured in! Let's just say it was wet above and below us (okay, I have to admit, I was one of the three).


This ole' mom outlasted the kids, as here is what they looked like on the drive home...

And a shout out to our Moms, not only on Mother's Day, but every day! THANKS to them, I think we turned out alright;)

No comments: