Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Holiday Blues...

No, I don't have the holiday blues; in fact, Christmas season is one of my favorite times of the year. However, not sure why, but I haven't been able to find the motivation to post lately. Not like I haven't had anything to post about. I guess at the end of the day when I plop sit down, I just can't find the energy. So after I catch you up to speed today, I am going to do my best to stay on top of things, despite the holiday hustle and bustle.

Speaking of holidays, here is my wonderful family patiently waiting for their long-awaited Turkey dinner. Aren't they the most precious group you've ever seen?
We did have a lot of fun family time and enjoyed a relaxing day. I did some cyber-shopping that night, and got a restful night's sleep!

The weekend of Thanksgiving we also got up our Christmas lights, but have slowly been adding more as our competitive nature comes out when the neighbors start decorating. This past weekend we put the tree up. If you followed the blog last year, you will remember the new tradition we were forced to begin when our favorite u-cut lot closed down. The up side to that is we were still able to get our tree on a blustery day without fighting the elements, as we were in and out in five minutes. And it all went for a great cause, helping an orphanage in Thailand! Kellen even joined us again, although he mainly handed out orders to his siblings rather than decorate the tree himself! As tradition calls, each child received an ornament representing something from this period of their life. Little did they know, but I had bought them all ornaments while we were at Disneyworld for Spring Break.  Kaia and Jaelyn got Princess ears, and the boys got Mickey. I had them personalized at Downtown Disney, and tucked them away when we got home. I almost forgot about them. Thank goodness I happened to come across them while wrapping some gifts:)
Here's the final product. I know you can't see it very well, but trust me, it looks great! And at least this family photo looks a bit more "normal" than the Thanksgiving one:)

No comments: