Sunday, June 3, 2012

Five Hours in Oregon....

This weekend the girls and I made an extremely quick visit to Oregon (about five hours in all spent in the state) for my niece Tiffany's baby shower. A couple years back I posted about Tiffany's engagement, and then blogged about her wedding. Now she and Nate are about to make me a Great Aunt for the first time. She is due the day before I leave for China, and I have a sneaking suspicion that she will be having Baby C. while I am gone. If that is the case, I better get some photos while I am there!

Tiffany did not know the girls and I were coming, so it was fun to see the look on her face when we pulled up. She was outside when we arrived, and she did a double take as the girls hopped out of the van to greet her. She teared up as we hugged and laughed, blaming it on the hormones.

Our side of the family....

My SIL Lorrie (soon to be Grandma) and niece Tiffany

Cute shot of Jaelyn and her Grandma (soon to be a Great Grandma)

The shower took place at the exact same spot as the wedding did. A house now sits where the wedding tent was. The farm land was a beautiful backdrop then and now.


Friday and Saturday nights were spent on my brother and sister-in-laws "farm," as it broke up our long drive to and from Oregon. Besides good company, the girls always enjoy hanging out with the alpacas. They had a one day old cria that was so soft and sweet. Lorrie made the evening extra special when she had the girls pretend they were showing the alpacas and she was the judge. The girls were grinning from ear to ear as they strutted their alpacas around and had the "judge" inspect their prized animals. Now once again I have to convince the girls that our backyard is definitely not big enough to house our own alpacas!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful visit!

How neat that the shower was at the same place as the wedding. And the girls look absolutely precious showing their alpacas. Just precious!