Saturday, July 23, 2011

Not to be Outdone....

It's only been 2.5 weeks since Kaia learned how to ride a two wheeler, so that was motivation enough for Jaelyn to follow suit. She had some challenges balancing since she had to lean forward to accomodate her short arm, so Mike rigged something up so she wouldn't have to. I will decorate it later so it matches her bike and looks cute. Also, Jaelyn is not nearly the risk taker that Kaia is, so it took her some coaxing to trust me in working with her. Before you know it, she was grinning ear to ear with her success. The first time she did an extended loop on her own, she hopped off her bike, running to each one of us, jumping up and down and proudly exclaiming "I did it, I did it!" I wish I had my camera then, but I did run in and get it before the second ride. As you can see, she still had the grin pasted on her face. Stopping is still something that needs working on!