Saturday, January 10, 2009

Remembering Grandma Inks....

Now that the holiday rush is over, I want to post in honor of my grandma who passed away on Dec. 28th. Just last July my grandparents celebrated their 70th wedding anniversary. Amazing (and I thought I was doing well at 20 years)! Don't you just love their wedding picture? And the second one was taken at their 70th celebration.

A few years back, when Grandma and Grandpa lived in Oklahoma, we took the kids to see them, thinking it may be one of the last times we saw them. Little did we know that a couple years later they would move back near family, in Oregon. We are glad they did. Look how young the boys are!

I am thankful that Grandma Inks did not have to live long with her illness, and even more thankful that she is now having a good time in heaven. We had a wonderful memorial service in honor of her, and I was blessed to see family I hadn't seen in many, many years. The following photos were from Grandma's celebration of life...

The grandchildren present (minus Ben who was awol during photo time)


My brother and his beautiful harem

The rowdy Crebbin Clan

Our paternal grandmother, Grandma Dorothy, who lives across the hall from my maternal grandparents (she knew Grandma Inks since they were teenagers!).

Grandma's kids: Bill, Gloria (my mom), and Alan

No comments: