Monday, September 1, 2014

Woosh....

You hear that? It's the sound of August flying by!  I think I was gone more than I was home this past month. Here's a quick recap since my last post...

I spent a week at camp with these girls. It was great getting to know them and watch them grow on a personal level in just a few short days, but it was nice to get home to my family and own bed!

A few days later, we said goodbye to Josh as he headed back to school.  Jaelyn had her third tournament of the summer, and despite her having blisters on her feet from her shoes, and mosquito bites that turned into blisters, her team took first place! She was pretty pleased....

On the way down we stopped to see my parents and my grandfather...
While in Sun River, we explored the Newberry National Volcanic Monument, something we had never stopped to do before, although it is nearby. It was a very informative and well-done informational center. Kaia was most entertained by the many chipmunks and squirrels though!

Which one of us is a chipmunk and who is the squirrel?
Bike riding was on the agenda every day! Lots of pretty scenery.





As always, the girls loved their time in the water at the Sharc. This was the first time we took advantage of the Tubing Hill, which is also part of the Sharc. Both are complimentary with the condo.

We had some very sad news on the trip, that Mike's beloved Auntie Pat passed away. She was a wonderful woman, worthy of me doing a separate post at another time.  We were glad that we were with Mike's mom when the news was shared, as we were able to be with her at this tough time.  These girls can cheer anyone up in no time....



Next stop, Medford, for Mike's brother's wedding...
Cory's backup air guitarists during karaoke at the rehearsal dinner. Lots of blackmail videos to use later...
Was a beautiful day for an outdoor wedding. It truly was a community event, with several neighborhood yards being used, dancing on the street, and an inflatable for kids to bounce on.
Poor pup didn't realize he had legs! Cory's new bride's nieces made fast friends with the girls.

Cousins....enough said!

Kellen brought Elizabeth down to meet the rest of the family.

Nephew Kyle and Mike walked the mother of the groom down the aisle.

Reese was his dad's best man.

Wedding party on what was later the dance floor. Thankfully the street was closed for the event!

You know the line...

Aren't they both adorable?


As you can see, a fun time for all.  Mike and the girls ended up staying longer to attend his aunt's funeral. I headed back home with Kellen and Elizabeth, as I had in-service all week for school.  We did squeeze in Kellen's birthday, but had to celebrate it around two different work schedules.  We enjoyed a low key celebration at our local music festival, then he headed to Seattle for a day of more music, at Bumbershoot. Hard to believe he is 23 already!

Speaking of school, I start tomorrow! Mike and the girls have just two more wake-ups of summer break. Once again I am thankful for how blessed I am, and all the wonderful experiences I get to enjoy over the summer.  If you don't hear from me for a bit, don't worry, I am just trying to keep my head above the water, and will post when I can!






No comments: