Sunday, November 3, 2013

153 Million...

That is the stunning number of orphans around the world! Today is Orphan Sunday. I/we cannot help them all, but if everyone does their part towards the call to care for widows and orphans, then we do not have to do it all alone!

Today I need help advocating for four sweet children from the Chaoyang Orphanage that I have spent time at over the past seven summers. Two of them I have advocated for previously, but Min Bo still does not have a family, and it turned out that QianHong was not actually on the list at that time, but is now. I am also happy to share that Isaac from my previous post is waiting for his family to come bring him home, most likely in the next two months!

However,  so that I can advocate for their forever families, I need help locating them on either the shared China list, or agency specific lists. Here is some current information I have on them. If you find them on a list, or are interested in learning more about any of them, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Min Bo,  whom his foster family calls Timotai...

His birth date is April 29, 2002, which makes him now 11 years old. He has Cerebral Palsy. He has been living with a foster family through LIGHT, which through my contacts, I can ask for further updates.

Qian Hong, also known as "Michaela" 


Her birth date is January 10, 2008.  I am not sure of her exact diagnosis, but I know that she has all four limbs affected.  She has full use of her hands and feet, but there is some bowing of both radius in her arms and her legs are bowed. Again, she is in foster care through LIGHT, and more information is available.  How can you resist that smile? She was adorable when I first met her in 2010, and still that way!




Greatly on my heart since visiting with her again last summer is
ZhaoJing, whom is called Jing.

She is actually still at the orphanage and has been the list for quite some time now. In fact, she has been on there so long that her paperwork had to be renewed. She has recently been asking why she doesn't have a family, as she has seen several of her friends leave with their forever families. This breaks my heart! She has myelomeningocele/spina bifida repaired as an infant, but unfortunately this has not helped her incontinence. I am guessing this may be why she is still on the list, but it is my best guest that she could be helped here in the States! Other than that she runs around and seems as physically capable as any other child. She is smart as a whip, and would thrive in a family. We are in the process of trying to hire a tutor for her since she will turn 7 on December 21. Typically that is when the orphanage sends the more able children to boarding school, but because of her incontinence, they will not.




Lastly is YanYan. She is actually not yet on the list, but please keep your eyes open for her, as she is supposed to be on there soon.

We are told that the paperwork is sitting on the Provincial Office's desk, awaiting approval, so should be any time now. She is also living with a foster family through LIGHT. Her birth date is Dec. 18, 2006. She has severe hypospadias / ambiguous gender, but quite a bit of information is available on her. Here she is looking over a scrapbook of her life that was put together by a caring LIGHT volunteer. Some of the photos were from my previous trips to Chaoyang. Isn't she beautiful?

Please help spread the word, and be sure and post a comment if you have any information.

No comments: