Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Sorry so late....

Sorry it took so long to hear from us, but we have been unable to connect to the internet. Yesterday morning we changed back to the original hotel we were supposed to be in, and when we had extended time to be able to get on the computer, I could not get things to work until getting a hotel employee into my room to figure things out. So I will try and catch everyone up on yesterday's happenings before I post about today. I'm not sure yet as to whether or not I can post photos from here, so if there are not any while you are reading this, check back in a couple hours when Mike can post them for me from the states.
Waiting at the windows (those are the cribs we bought them a few years ago)

my long time buddy Min Yer














In the morning we were greeted by the smiling faces of the toddlers who await us in their cribs, cheering through the window that faces the area our bus pulls into. It warms the heart to see them so excited about our arrival. The day was spent playing with the kids again, as well as more physical therapy work. It was amazing to see children who rarely get out of their crib be able to stretch their legs and walk! So brave and trustworthy they were to work with people they hardly knew, especially for  one of them who is blind. "Peanut," or Grace as we have now named her, is showing some slight improvement.  A wonderful day overall.
Mark helping the happiest boy in the world to use a walker

Pam giving more snuggle time to Peanut

"Precious Heart," who is blind, using the walker

Tracie and her girl


 We wrapped up the evening with a HotPot experience, something well known in this region. Was yet another delicious dinner. On the way back to the hotel we met up we the man we had met on the street who had found Bao, as we had some photos of her to give him. He had a huge grin on his face when Mark showed him the photo album of her. After that we came back to the hotel.I think my eyes slammed shut as soon as I hit the oh-so-hard Chinese bed (good for the back, you know).
Rebecca is a professional now

Jared putting who knows what in the HotPot

No comments: