Thursday, July 24, 2008

Caleb...

A couple days ago Tracie and I decided to name the little baby from the last post Caleb. We did not like that he was not given a name, and did not want him to die without one, as he was already without a family. I knew that in the Bible, Caleb was friends with Joshua and Moses, and that the name meant "dog," because we almost chose it for my Joshua's name. I knew their had to be more behind the name, so I googled it this morning, and here's what I found:

The dog part came because of his great devotion to God. Now that sounds a whole lot better than just "dog!" Caleb was also known for his astute powers of observation and fearlessness in the face of overwhelming odds. That's an understatement for little Caleb! He looked so peaceful and did not fuss much, despite the fact that he was most likely in tremendous pain. What a mighty name for such a little guy.

It is with mixed emotion that I have to share that Caleb died with a name, and now will be with family forever, his Heavenly Father! Thanks to all who prayed with me. There are many more orphans in this world, so our prayers are not finished yet....

2 comments:

Tonyia said...

Thanks for the update Toni.

Aminah XiuPing said...

I am so sad for this loss. I know that the team was watching for him and praying for him. He is in a MUCH better place, at the right hand of GOD. God must have great plans for him in heaven. Maybe he is going to bring smiles to all of the others there.