Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Sponsor-a-Crib



Many of you know that my husband and I are headed back to China this summer for a mission trip to the Chaoyang orphanage in China. The orphanage has requested the donation of 20 cribs. As you can see by the photo, they are dire need of new cribs. Many of the kids did not even have mattresses in their cribs, or if they did, they had no sheets. Mind you the humidity there is quite high, so they would sweat like crazy on the mattresses. We were able to purchase air conditioners last year, so hopefully that has helped. Our mission team is looking for 20 sponsors for the cribs, or 40 1/2 sponsors. The cost of a single crib is $150 (or $75 for 1/2), and is tax deductible. Our plan is to have them delivered while we are there, so that we can set the cribs up, then take photos of the kids in their new cribs. We would bring back a picture for each sponsor so that he/she could see his/her donation in use, as well as have a photo of a child to pray for daily. Would you please consider this worthy cause? Please email me if you have questions, or if this is something you are interested in, and I will tell you what steps to take next. Thank you for your consideration!

4 comments:

Tonyia said...

What a great idea! Put us down for 1. Just remembering what those awful cribs were like brought tears to my eyes!
Love you all~Tonyia

Toni said...

Thanks Tonyia! Just make the check out to VO and put "Chaoyang crib" in the memo. Now who do you want to see in your crib????

Tonyia said...

I would rather not "see" anyone in my crib....

Minnesota Nice said...

I'm in! Amazing how sometimes there is such a flowing, logical sequence to things. I just got off of TurboTax with a pleasant surprise of a refund I was not expecting. Then I came over to your blog and here was the perfect place to put the $. I'll send you an email. I wanted to check in here first so you know who I am.