Sunday, March 4, 2007

Upcoming Mission Trips

I just wanted to share that God has called me back to China this summer! No, I'm not adopting this time, but I am going to be working with orphans. I am going through our adoption agencies mission organization, Visiting Orphans. My sister-in-law, Pat's wife Tonyia, is going with me too. We will be heading to Chaoyang, Liaoning (Northern China) on July 12 and will return on July 22. We don't have an itinerary yet, but you can read more on the organization at www.visitingorphans.org/ Our team leader has become a good friend of mine through our adoptions. This will be our 3rd time in China together, but both our firsts returning without a new member to the family. I think that will be heartbreaking, but I am excited about the opportunity to work with the children.

Kellen is also going on a mission trip this summer through our church's youth group. He will be heading to LA on June 28 then heading on down to Baja, Mexico. It is not known specifically what he will be doing this summer, but it will be anything from orphanage visits to construction to street ministry, or some of each. He is excited to be able to put his Espanol into practice!

We had a missions trip fundraiser auction at church today. Kellen raised money by offering services as a math tutor, tennis opponent, and a web page designer. He will be busy! I will be baking cookies every month for a year, but I'm thrilled to say it brought in $200 towards my trip. If anyone wants to make a tax deductible donation towards my trip you can write a check to Visiting Orphans and put my name in the memo. Drop me an email if you want to know more. Also, I will post more as the time draws nearer. Please keep both our trips in your prayers.

No comments: