Friday, May 24, 2013

My Little Chipmunk....

Sorry, no photos, as blogger and my ipad do not like one another. I can say that Kaia's surgery went very well yesterday. Her left cheek looks like a chipmunk storing for winter this morning, but pain is under control. She is hungry, but still on a clear liquid diet. Not sure yet whether or not we can go home today. She needs to be able to bear weight and walk on her own, but every time she has attempted just to get from the bed to the chair, there has been tears. So we wait and see.

Speaking of home, looks like we will need to find another route home, since the I5 bridge we normally travel over collapsed last night. Thankfully and amazingly no one died. We had just driven over it in the morning, and frequently do. Check out the article...
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/I-5-Skagit-River-bridge-collapse-caused-by-oversize-load-208813861.html?tab=video&c=y

No comments: