Saturday, November 10, 2012

What Now???

It's true, after 25 years, the last 20 being a volleyball coach at Coupeville High School, last week I turned in my resignation. And yes, I shed a few tears, both at my final match, and again at this week's end of season banquet. So many fond memories that I can't even begin to share the stories. In preparing for the interview by the local sports editor, I went down memory lane so many times that it took me forever to complete his questionnaire. Thank you Lord for the opportunity to allow me to touch so many young ladies lives, if only for a "season."
One of my earliest years coaching, in Ridgecrest, CA....look at my sexy assistant!

The burning question now is....what now? Not really sure about that myself.  I don't think it has really sunk in yet. That itch of restlessness probably won't hit until next August, when it should be time to head back into the gym.
My final season

For now, just enjoying time with the kids and waiting to be a "wrestling widow" on Monday, when Josh and Mike officially head back to the mat.  You can read more on my career from our local paper today.
http://www.whidbeynewstimes.com/sports/177938781.html

1 comment:

The Crebbinator said...

Girl's youth soccer needs coaches. You are always telling me the rules about off-sides. Or better yet you could become a volleyball official!