Monday, November 12, 2012

T1D 4 a Day....

I typically only post about my Type I Diabetes a couple times a year, as I don't find it makes for exciting reading material. Not that my other posts do, but I don't want to seem like I'm whining, and I really don't make it a focus of my life. However, since this is once again Diabetes Awareness Month, I found something that I thought would help many of you understand a typical day in the life of a T1 Diabetic.

It's called T1D for a day.  When you sign up, for the following 24 hours you will receive as many as 24 text messages over a 24-hour period that simulate the constant blood sugar testing, insulin injections, and dietary decisions that confront people with T1D. Sounds annoying, huh? Yep, I agree, but it is always in the back of your mind, 24-7. If you participate, be sure and comment back here and let me know how it went.


No comments: