Sunday, May 20, 2012

20 years!

Nope, not my wedding anniversary yet. In another month that will be 25. I'm not sure whether to call it a birthday or an anniversary, but today marks 20 years since I was first diagnosed with Type I diabetes. No celebrating, no cake, in fact, some years this day comes and goes without me even remembering. But I thought that 20 years and still in great health was worth mentioning:)  In fact, just two weeks ago I was at my endocrinologist's office, and my a1c is again at a steady, healthy target, and my cholesterols are great. As he has mentioned before, I am his only over 40 patient who is not on a statin, and he still sees no reason for me to be. Where I would certainly not choose to have T1 diabetes, I do think that it has given me a reason to live a healthy lifestyle. Now here's to a cure before I hit 40!

2 comments:

The Crebbinator said...

Think it is only 24 years, but hey I'm only a math teacher.

Unknown said...

20 years?! Wow. Here's to many more years of great health!

And you two are so funny....24, 25...what's in a number?

Congrats to you both!