Thursday, May 26, 2011

Random Thoughts...

Nothing exciting has been going on here that deserves its own blog entry, so I thought I would combine several short items that may be just slightly interesting.

The girls had a "tutu" practice last week and had a blast. Their coach is really good at teaching skills, yet keeping it fun. Maybe I should try this with my volleyball team this fall...

Next random thought....
After sending the IRS a hefty sum of money this year, we were surprised to find this in our mailbox....
Yep, that really is a check for $1.56! And we have no idea why we received it. Perhaps it's in lieu of the 1.9% pay cut our legislature just gave us (don't even get me started on that one). More likely we overpaid and they wanted to give us a prompt refund? We probably will never know why, but regardless, I cashed it quickly, splurged, and bought myself half a latte:)

Oh yeah, my insulin pump broke. It didn't completely stop working, but an important piece broke off, so they sent me a new one. So the upside is that I went from this beat up gently used one:


 to this:



without paying a cent!

See how exciting things have been around here? Actually with the rapid pace of the end of the school year, it's nice to have things slow paced at home. Mike is now done with coaching track for the season. However, things will speed up a bit next week when he and Josh both have football camp. Before you know it, school will be done and I'll by heading off for China. More on that later.

No comments: