Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Ever since we first laid eyes on Kaia, she has sucked her fingers. Before her repair it was three (forgive me if I've used this photo on here before)...
And ever since her surgery, only two can fit in her mouth! Although she is not supposed to be sucking her fingers anymore, and we definitely don't allow her to do it in public, the first thing she does after we tuck her in at night is plug those fingers back into her mouth. I thought I had some photos, but I haven't been able to locate any, but trust me, she enjoys her fingers. Jaelyn has long since given up her blankie, but fingers are much more difficult to stop since you can't just fold them up and put them away in the closet!

At Kaia's recent dentist appointment her dentist recommended we try a football mouth guard at night. Well ever since then it has done the trick, which has been about a week now. Other than the night she flat out took the mouth guard out of her mouth, when I come in to tuck her in one more time before I go to bed, she is sleeping with no fingers in her mouth. Tonight she must have thought about taking it out of her mouth, but then thought better of it. When I went in to tuck her in, here is what she looked like, half in, half out...
Let's hope a couple more weeks of this does the trick!

No comments: