Sunday, April 11, 2010

Where's Joseph when you need him???

First of all I have to say I never rarely dream. If I do, I have a difficult time remembering them in the morning, and they are not typically about what is happening in my life "real" life. That is why I am perplexed by last week's dreams, when I had back-to-back dreams about this summer's return trip to Chaoyang.

In the first dream, I was so excited to see the children at the orphanage, since it has been two years since we last saw them. I noticed one of the children I was looking for was not there, and I was entertaining the thought that she was not there because she had been adopted. You see, she is a hermaphrodite, and I highly doubt that she will ever be put up for adoption. She is the sweetest girl (see below) and would thrive in a forever family, but that is not always how things work there. In my dream I ran up to one of the nannies to ask where she was, and was so disappointed to learn she was just away from the orphanage for a short time, having some testing done.



The next night my dream was that on my drive to the airport, I realized that I had left all my toiletries back at my house. Now if you know me at all, you know I am a low maintenance gal, so it wasn't my makeup I was worried about. It was the fact that I had left all my medications behind (I am Type I diabetic and have Hypothyroidism). For some reason though, I didn't worry about not having my insulin, just my thyroid medication. I kept debating whether or not I should turn around and get them, missing my flight, or keep on going and risk illness while in China. I decided to drive on in faith, and low and behold, when we got to the airport our flight was delayed. I quickly called my oldest and asked him to grab my toiletries and make the two hour drive to the airport (without speeding, of course). My dream left off there, so I am not sure what happened after that.

So if there are any Joseph's out there who can interpret my dreams, send them my way...

No comments: