Saturday, May 30, 2009

Get it right...

I just couldn't let this one go by without commenting. First, being I am a registered independent, I can say this is neither a Republican or Democrat issue. This has nothing to do with whether or not you think Sonia Sotomayor should be on the Supreme Court. This is a case where the media is getting completely confused on what exactly Type I diabetes is, and some TV journalists are coming across like idiots (oops, did I say that)! One talk show guest even flippantly remarked that "the upside is that she (Sotomayor) has T1 and wouldn't live long anyway." What???!!! Why would anyone wish that on a person or find that humorous? And excuse me, she has been living healthy with it for 47 years! One fellow diabetic blogger wrote an informative blog that I wish those in the media or whom are judging Sotomayor strictly on her diabetes would read. Check out this "Teachable Moment," and please, on my behalf, educate those that you come across who may need it.

No comments: