Saturday, October 20, 2007

Wonderful Birthday, Wonderful Family





I have to say the older I get, the less I care about birthday presents, the more I enjoy some rare special moments when we're all together. And with Kellen being a junior now, who knows how many more birthdays I can enjoy being all together.

We started off the day watching Kellen run at his league championships. He really enjoyed his first season of cross country, and is looking forward to it again next year. Afterwards we took the kids to a pumpkin patch where we rode a train and dodged the puddles for the perfect pumpkins. Kaia and Jaelyn insisted on carrying their own. Boy, those pumpkins are pretty tough, as they never cracked after being dropped several times. As you can see from the pictures, everyone had a good time. I also posted a picture of Joshua in uniform. This is from last week's game. His season ends on Wednesday. He really learned a lot his first season of football.

As for my birthday, it's not like I don't enjoy presents at all anymore...I got some great gifts, but I especially like the gift the kids gave me. It's a great CD of a group called 12 Girls Band. They are from China, but not your typical Chinese musicians. They play authentic Chinese instruments, but in a modern way. Check them out and let me know what you think.

No comments: