Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Difficult time....

Sorry I took a two week or so hiatus, but some close friends were dealing with a tragedy, and I found it difficult to post something cheery when I wasn't feeling that way. Mike's close friend lost his 24 year old daughter, whom I coached when she was in high school, in a tragic bike accident. Situations like that really make you reflect on your own relationships with family and God. I am really proud of my husband, being such a good friend and listener; so difficult to know what to do at this time, but he was always there for Brian. We both have reflected and appreciate that we have many good friends and family to turn to if we found ourselves in a similar situation:) Enough said....

On a lighter note, Josh had homecoming last weekend. Oak Harbor won their football game on what was a beautiful, warm fall evening. Josh took the same date he took last year, and even got a shout out in the paper as to how he asked her out. I love the fact that Josh let me help him pick out a tie to match her dress! He wears pink very manly:)

They went with a large group of friends to dinner and then bowling, dance, and finally a movie and dessert at our house. I think having dates in a group takes such pressure off, not to mention Josh has a great group of friends!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Toni, I'm so sorry to hear about the tragedy your family recently experienced. It feels like a curve ball being thrown at you.

It looks like Josh and his friends had a great time at homecoming.