Friday, August 1, 2008

Midlife Crisis....

No, not me, at least not yet (I'm too young). Mike has wanted a tattoo for sometime now, and finally went out and got one. He almost got one while we were in China, and we even visited a tattoo shop, but after listening to that still small voice, he realized it was not the wisest decision. Besides that, it was just as expensive as in the US (okay, but maybe not as exciting a story). However, while there, he did learn the correct characters he wanted to use for God is Love.

Mike had his tattoo done at American Tradition Tattoo Shop here in town. The artist came highly recommended by a few people we know, so Mike went down last week to talk with her and to make an appointment. They came up with three parts to his tattoo. The top part reads Saved by Grace on a banner wrapping a cross. The second part is Romans 8:15 which he feels defines his relationship with God. The actual verse reads: For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!” Lastly, at the bottom is the Chinese characters for God is Love, representing his connection with the Chinese people and that God loves every tongue and every tribe.

I am not a fan of tattoos, so don't expect to see a matching one on my arm anytime soon. However, the artist did a nice job and Mike is pleased. I did stop by to shoot some action photos. Yes, he is grimacing in pain in one of the shots. Of course, he claims the most painful part was while I was there, and it really wasn't that bad. I guess I'll have to take him at his word.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, that looks painful! But I like the design and it's probably way cheaper than a sports car.

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure you could have blogged about anything that would have surprised me more than this! Holy cow!

Better him than me I guess!

Linnea