Friday, July 11, 2014

A Family Affair...

Want to know the secret to overcoming jet lag and a 15 hour time difference? Re-roof your house! Yep, the first morning I woke, upon return from China, was to the 7 am pounding of hammers on my roof.  And since I was in charge of the cleanup crew, I had to join them.

You see, our roof was the last in the neighborhood to be replaced. Since it was still "working," we hated to replace it just because everyone else had (you know, giving in to peer pressure).  But it was time for the ole' shake to go.  Since we are home most of summer, we have a difficult time justifying paying someone else to do the job (like when we paint our house too), so with the help of a good friend in the construction business, we decided to make it a family affair.

Before...
See the bundles of shingles in the white packages? Josh made 108 trips up the ladder carrying each 45 lb. bag.  Thank goodness for healthy young men in our house! He had two teeth pulled so got out of doing some of the work, but I think he did his share...
Notice the pile in front of our door? It was like this all around our house. This is where the girls, Kellen, and I came in...

When we finished, we had this truck completely filled. I did the majority of the work in this photo the first day...

Progress...

DONE! We are really pleased with the final results, as well as with our savings. We also realize why roofing contractors charge so much. Did I mention this week was hot?....
Good teamwork Crebbin family!

No comments: