Thursday, November 25, 2010

White Thanksgiving....

That's right, we had a White Thanksgiving, and I would love it to be a new tradition around here, but I don't think that's very realistic where we live. We got a fresh batch of snow while we slept, on top of what we already had, so we began the day by having family snow time...

My crazy family....

sledding...



Once again Mike rotisseried our turkey and it turned out wonderfully. Fixing Thanksgiving dinner reminds me of so many friends and family. My Sweet Potato recipe came from my friend Bonnie, the bowl for my fruit salad belonged to my grandma, the mashed potato recipe from my sister-in-law Lorrie, and my pumpkin cake recipe from my friend Chris. Despite our family being alone this holiday, we reflected on how grateful we are to have so many wonderful people in our lives.

We are also thankful for our country. While it is not perfect, we are so blessed to live in a free country. On a lighter note, we are also thankful for the new couch we got delivered yesterday (our previous one we bought in our first year of marriage)! Guess that goes for the new dryer we had to unexpectedly buy too (after we had already bought the couch). I'm not going to whine though, because so many people don 't have the means to do so...

1 comment:

Mom Of Many said...

Happy Thanksgiving from our home to yours...and your family snow time looks like lots of fun....and love the new couch!! xo